2.18.2011

Great Date Idea.

 For Valentine's Day, Will and I decided to go to Glazed, a paint-your-own pottery studio here in Clemson. The prices were reasonable, the staff was great, and we spent an entire afternoon painting each others' Valentine's gifts. He made me a coffee mug, and I made him a Star Wars to-go mug, so he would stop stealing mine! ha. I was a bit wary of how things would turn out once the mugs were fired, but we went to pick them up today, and we were both pleasantly surprised by the results!

He made me a mug with aqua and lime green stripes, but then put a black "crackle" finish over it. The inside was black, and he put a white crackle over that. I made him a Star Wars, complete with Death Star, TIE Fighters, and even an X-Wing. Even the font turned out well. I could not be happier with our fantastic new dishes. It certainly made it a Valentine's Day to remember, despite my normal disdain for the cheesiness of the holiday.


The final products!

No comments:

Post a Comment